Written by Rosalyn O
Honey is a healing agent. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal and composed of nutrients like minerals-magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate), vitamins (such as B1, B2, C, B6, B5, B3), trace elements (like copper, iodine, and zinc) as well as amino acids. Because of its rich store house of nutrients, honey is a very useful beauty aid that nourishes the skin and the hair.
- Honey is an emollient which means it is a natural softener. This makes it a great hair conditioner that smoothens your hair.
- It is a natural antioxidant, so it tends to make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth.
- As honey is an emollient, it also improves the health of the hair follicles which are responsible for hair growth. Researchers say that proper use of honey of treatment of hair can waken up the sleeping hair follicles which boost the growth of hair.
- We all know that honey is a humectant, it tends to prevent the loss of moisture from your scalp. But honey has also high sugar content which helps to retain moisture. This as a result prevents hair fall and strengthens the hair follicles.
- Honey also comprises of antibacterial and antiseptic qualities too. This prevents our scalp from infections or psoriasis and tends to keep our scalp clean and bacteria-free. This also keeps us away from dandruff and itchiness on your scalp.
- If your hair is dry or increased pollution and direct exposure to sun as made them lifeless, then use of honey can bring back that lost sheen and shine of your hair.
Ways to use honey on hair
- For extra softness and sheen, apply honey to damp hair and let sit for 30 minutes or overnight. Then, shampoo, condition and style. Your hair should feel softer and more manageable.
- Honey can lighten the hair over time, for added hair lightness add cinnamon or lemon juice to the mixture. It is a natural hair lightener.
- Honey is a natural cure for dull, brittle, dry hair. Massage hair scalp with honey and egg yolk. Leave for 30 minutes and then wash.
Honey For Hair
When purchasing honey, raw unprocessed honey is best; it contains a wide variety of health-supportive substances. The darker the color the higher the levels of anti-oxidants the honey will contain.
Using Honey As A Pre-Poo
Apply honey alone or with egg and yogurt on damp hair for at least an hour, cover with a plastic cap and allow the honey to enter the hair shaft. Rinse out and shampoo and condition as usual.
Using Honey As a Shampoo
A tablespoon of honey can be added to your regular shampoo to amplify the benefits.
Using Honey As a Conditioner
Add a tablespoon of honey to your regular deep conditioner, along with a tablespoon of carrier oil (olive, castor, coconut). Let it sit for an hour or more or under a dryer for 15-20 minutes and feel the difference.
Tip for extra moisturization using AfroRiri Honey Moisturizing shampoo: Add three table spoons of honey to the quantity of shampoo you will be using on wash day for extra moisturizing.
Result: Extra moisture will be added to your hair. it also stimulates hair growth.
Use honey for treatment of your hair and boost your hair growth. Honey is the simplest way to get lustrous, shiny and healthy hair naturally. It is worth including in your weekly beauty regime girls!! That is why AfroRiri honey moisturizing shampoo is very good. xoxo