By Rosalyn O
Tea isn’t JUST for drinking! Yes, drinking herbal will cleanse your body and aid new hair growth. However, having a tea rinse can give your hair an extra boost that you desire. Whether you are looking to reduce shedding, add shine, elasticity and bounce, there are a few rinses that you can use to help with your desired result. Check these rinses out, and add your own mixes to cater to your needs. Also, hair health starts from the inside, so remember to drink healthy herbal teas too.
How to do a Tea Rinse
- Place the herb in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over the herb and steep for 30 minutes or more.
- Strain the mixture and allow the liquid to cool.
- Pour over your head after your regular shampoo, condition, and detangling session.
How to apply Tea Rinse
- Put in a Spray bottle to spray your hair. This acts as a hair refresher.
- Use as a final rinse after washing your hair. You can rinse the tea out after massaging and letting it sit for 30 minutes or leave it in and continue with a deep conditioner
Teas and their uses
- Turn grey hairs darker – Rosemary and Sage
- Brightening the hair – Chamomile for blondes; Rooibos for redheads; or Black tea for dark hair
- Reduces shedding hair – Green tea, Black tea
- Stimulate hair growth – Green tea
- Strengthens and thickens the hair – Black tea, Sage
- Helps with dandruff and psoriasis – Green tea, Nettle, Thyme
- Promote hair growth – Hibiscus
- Stimulates the scalp- Peppermint
I hope this was helpful. Which tea rinse have you tried?